Skēnographia is a series of free online creative lectures, workshops and talks to showcase and engage with the broad and diverse range of voices and disciplines in the scenographic world. These will take place on a monthly basis, alternating creative workshops, lectures and practical talks.
This project marks a milestone in the growth of scenography education in Ireland, aiming to facilitate discussion, exploration and innovation as well as defining standards for visual rigour and best practices, along with the current necessities of design for performance.
It also aims to give voice to the often neglected behind-the-scenes sphere, from costume-makers to stage crew, making visible key information, new technologies and developments that are fundamental to the growth of scenography as an art form in Ireland.
* If you are a member of ISSSD you can access the recordings of these masterclasses here (password required)
MASTERCLASSES / WORKSHOPS / TALKS LIST
– Remote Lighting Design: pre-plotting shows – Sarah Jane Shiels & Eoin McNinch
– Design Brainstorming / Practical Making – Ger Clancy
– 3D Projection Mapping – Conan McIvlor
– Gesture drawing – Niall Laverty
– Design Led Theatre – Aedín Cosgrove & Molly O’Cathain
– Eco Scenography & Sustainability – Saileog O’Halloran & Max Dorey
– Props and The Abbey Theatre – Eimer Murphy
– Inclusive Aesthetics in Theatre Design – Aisling Byrne
PRACTICAL BUSINESS / SELF-CARE
– Financial Advice – Peter Daly
– Emerging Theatre Designers: Advice, Mentorship, Fees and Residencies – Lian Bell & Cian O’Brien
– Self-Care, Mental Health & Time Management Skills – Facilitated by Claire Meaney & Maeve Butler from Waterford Healing Arts